Thursday, July 1, 2010

15 years ago God gave me you!

James-

Fifteen years ago today we were getting ready to start our lives together. Actually at this exact moment I think you might have been fishing and I was probably getting my nails done. Never the less, we were planning a life together. On that day my head and heart were filled with dreams of what our lives were going to be like together. I never could have imagined what amazing blessings the Lord had in store for us!

In some ways I can't believe it's been 15 years and in other ways it feel like we have always been together. God has been SO good to us. I know we often joke that E-harmony never would have matched us but one thing is for sure GOD did! God knew exactly what I needed so HE gave me you, you are a gift from heaven and I don't ever want to forget that.

Walking beside you through this life has been an adventure and a privilege. You are an amazing man! I look at you and see strength, humility and passion. As I have told you before I have no doubt that you will accomplish whatever you set your mind to. I have seen you set your mind to things above and grow in leaps and bounds in the grace and knowledge of our Lord. You are a man who is passionately following Christ and God has poured His provision and protection over our family through you. Thank You Jesus!

As I think of how we are blessed to celebrate our 15 year anniversary in Ethiopia, I can't help but see that it is no accident. God knew all along where He was taking us, He has been preparing us for this day since we first put those rings on each others fingers. We have been through many wonderful adventures together and celebrated our anniversaries in many different ways but I believe this will be one of the best! I have been dreaming about serving the Lord along side you for over 15 years now, and while I know we have been blessed to serve in many ways this is my favorite! I am so excited to travel to Ethiopia with you, to pour the love the Father has lavished on us into the lives of His orphans together. God gave me you to walk beside on the streets of Ethiopia, He gave me you to embrace our children for the first time with and you to spend a lifetime loving and raising our 4 beautiful children with! I am amazed at the Goodness of our God and I will spend the rest of my life in passionate pursuit of you, my precious gift from above!

I recently heard the song on the video above and my mind instantly filled with thoughts of you, I truly am so grateful that God gave me you!

Happy 15th Anniversary, I love you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment